Sunday, September 28, 2008

Trader Joe's Customer Service

Disclaimer: We LOVE Trader Joe's. When we lived in Redding, it was one of the highlights of our trips to visit family in the SAC area (well, that and seeing the grandgirls! (~_~)

Yesterday our final stop of the morning's shoppings/errands/yard sales was at Trader Joe's. I dropped Rollin off in front of the store while I parked the car.

He was headed for customer service to pick up a motorized shopping cart (since his stroke 3 1/2 yrs ago, he tires easily and is easily confused when he is experiencing "sensory overload").

Both happened to him yesterday morning, and I found him at the customer service desk where an extremely caring young lady (whose name unfortunately escapes me) asked him if he needed anything, and sent someone for a bottle of water for him. He offered to pay for it, but she refused.

We of course thanked her, and proceeded with our shopping. I made a special trip back to thank her again while he took the groceries to the car (explaining about his stroke). She said she was just concerned and wanted to make sure he was OK.

Now THAT'S customer service!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't have any Trader Joe's around here, but have been hearing good things, so had to stop by one when visiting Albuquerque.

You found a keeper that day, nice to see staff so concerned about their clients well being.

Anonymous said...

This is my experience of Trader Joe's which opened in Cary NC about a year ago. What I suspect is that the people that work at TJ's have a STAKE IN THE BUSINESS. When people 'own' a business, it is amazing how committed they are to customer service. I'll have to ask to be sure my next visit. Great hearing positive customer service stories.