Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Music

We have a pact -- from now through Christmas Eve, only seasonal music is played on our work stereo.

That means the olds ones like Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, as well as the "NOEL" cd just out by Josh Croban. We start in the morning and just keep rotating through our collections.

The same old songs, but I never tire of them.

When I was young, I thought "I'll Be Home For Christmas" was the greatest song, until I grew up and learned the true meaning of "......if only in my heart."

Christmas in our church meant the youth choir switched out the bows on their choir robes for big red holiday ones.

Every time I hear a version of "Oh Holy Night" my mind's eye slips back forty plus years and I see a young blond boy with the voice of an angel singing for all he's worth.

Christmas memories -- priceless.

No comments: